foodalicious

a community blog of gastrophiles for all seasons

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Beard on Burgers


The recipe was almost too simple, I thought, when I first read the ingredients.
But I guess James Beard is James Beard for a reason.


So I made them. But I didn't use chopped round or chuck, mainly because I didn't really read the recipe first and instead pulled out some ground meat from the freezer. And in lieu of cream, I used a little whole milk I had on hand from another recipe.
The burgers were simple, but surprisingly flavorful and delicious.
We ate them on buttered buns that I broiled, mayo, mustard and tomatoes.

I realize that the above photo looks ... gross ... but the burgers were great, and that stuff on the side is coleslaw the fantastic Alabama-made John's coleslaw sauce.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie Y. said...

I'm glad you liked them. I was a little apprehensive about the simplicity too. (BTW, I don't think your photo looks gross).

5:12 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

Yeah, I think that burger looks pretty good actually! Especially with that lovely buttered bun - mmmm. I made the chicken, but yours and Stephanie's lovely burger photos and descriptions make me want to try the other recipe now.
--Anna

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home